Monday, June 13, 2011

The Loving Room Floor for your Living Room Stereo



Alright so a new beginning on a new beginning. The best piece of advice my dad ever gave me was be careful what you ask for because you just might get it. As a man with a lovely wife, two kids, two dogs, two blogs, this radio show, one absolutely kick ass band overdue for world domination (Moutpiece), another project that I will only allude to now as the time is not yet right to unleash it on the music listening public (who will undoubtedly become superfans), and a full time job in middle management, it is safe to say that I have asked for a lot of things and been given even more. The reason I point this out, if it’s not obvious, is that this blog is a bit like an 18 year old me- it hasn’t been seeing much action.
That being said, the rock has been seeing more action than an 18 year old Johnny Depp. I have been listening to, compiling, organising, editing and playing (both live and on this lovely show) more music, than I have in a long time and am lucky to be involved in so many musical (ad)ventures.
Fans of the show are a varied bunch and some people like some of the shows more than others due to the eclectic mix of genres and choonage. I love all of the shows of course and will continue to keep them as fresh and varied as possible.
The problem with soundcloud links are that I can only have 8 shows up at a time. That is where this blog is going to come into its own. I will try to write a few thoughts, news items, etc. here, but if you are looking for a trip inside my head, you are probably better off checking out the Moutpiece blog.
Below are links of all the shows up until the 8 on soundcloud as of 17/06/11. I will update these links when there are more shows to up. If you wanna have a chat, make a request or tell me I have shite taste in music, contact me over on The Loving Room Floor page on Facebook.
Cheers
Show 1
Show 2
Show 3
Show 4
Show 5
Show 6
Show 7
Show 8
Show 9
Show 10 Portland Edition

These bad boys are all CD quality so turn them up and play them loud. You can always buy new speakers.

No comments: